The Abraham Connection - Delta's Homeless Shelter can always use the following items:
- Winter gear such as hats, gloves, coats, socks, and thermal wear
- Toiletries such as travel sized deodorants, mouthwash, disposable razors, and chapstick
- Bottled water, regular and decaf coffee, powdered coffee creamer, sugar, and pre-packaged individual snacks such as granola bars, trail mix, individual fruit cups, tuna and crackers, etc.
- Toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, and dryer sheets.
- Cleaning supplies such as Clorox wipes, 409, Windex, bleach, bathroom cleaners, liquid dish soap
- Ziploc baggies of all sizes, Tote bags, and backpacks
- Additionally, monetary donations are always appreciated as well.
Please call 970-773-8290 to arrange drop off, or you can bring to any Altrusa International of Delta, Colorado, Inc. meeting and drop off or give to Kami Collins or Jeanne Brown.
As always, the Abraham Connection thanks you for your continued support.
MORE WAYS TO HELP OUT....
The Board had a meeting last night and we've outlined a few events we're
looking to participate in, as a way to do some outreach to the
community and to raise money for shelter operations. We wanted to share
our plan with you and see if anyone is available to help with any of
1. We are starting to promote monthly giving as a fundraiser and we could use your help about spreading the word about this option. As you are in your business, church and civic group meetings, we would appreciate if you let your associates know that this is an option and a way to help the shelter if they don't want to or can't volunteer for shifts. Monthly giving is done securely on our website, and donors can choose to give a one time gift or (our hope) a monthly, ongoing gift, in any amount they choose. The link to donate online is here: http://deltaabrahamconnection.org/how-you-can-help/
2. Community Events - if you can work any of these events, please let us know so we can begin planning. More specific details will come regarding hours, etc. At this point, we just need to know if you're willing to work the events :)
a. Crawford Pioneer Days, Saturday, June 9, 8 am - 4 pm
b. Downtown Deltafest, Thursday, June 28
c. Paonia Cherry Days, July 3-4, all day
d. Celebrate Cedaredge, Saturday, July 14, 9 am - 3 pm
e. Deltarado Days barbecue, Sunday, July 29, after the church service
f. Celebrate Cedaredge, Saturday, Aug. 4, 9 am - 3 pm
g. Hotchkiss Farm to Fiddle, Aug 10-11
h. Downtown Deltafest, Thursday, August 30
3. Lastly, we want to start a fundraising committee. In addition to these kinds of events, we are looking for people who want to help raise funds or market the shelter in different ways besides community events. So if you have ideas or if this is a way you'd like to help, we invite you to attend a discussion about fundraising on Friday, June 8 at 3 pm at the shelter. We also ask that you help spread the word about this discussion to your associates - we think there are lots of people in the community who want to help in some way our guests, but who don't necessarily want to volunteer. We are hoping the fundraising/marketing committee is a way for others to get involved. If you are interested in helping but can't make that date/time work, please let me know, and we'll keep you in the loop.
We appreciate your help and support! Please let me know if I can answer any questions!
Kami Collins 361-8905